In this digital era of Facebook, LinkedIn, and mobile communications, sometimes it seems like the traditional business card has gone the way of the VHS, 8-track, cassette, and floppy disk. But there is still a lot of power in that tiny piece of paper. Business cards are an easy, tangible way to market yourself and your business, and to make a memorable connection with new clients and contacts.
Don’t be afraid of being creative – Business cards are a big part of your brand identity, sometimes the first contact people will have with your business. You want your cards to reflect what your business is, and a plain card with black text in Times New Roman isn’t going to tell them anything. If creativity isn’t your forte, let us help you create a business card you’re going to be proud to hand out.
Don’t go over the top – Creativity is good, but don’t get too carried away with your ideas. Custom ideas like die-cutting or special materials will cost you a lot more, and even thought they might look cool, they don’t always add value to your cards on a communication level. Consider alternatives, like a flat metallic ink instead of a custom foil – these options can save you hundreds of dollars and still look high-end and unique.
8 Questions to ask yourself when designing your Business Cards:
- What information do I need to include?
- Who am I going to be giving cards to?
- Do I want a lot of graphics, or something simple?
- What kind of look do I want? Classic? Modern? Edgy? etc.
- Do I want any type of special finishing or coating?
- Do I need to write on them?
- Is there any type of specific paper, color, ink, or process I want to use?
- What does this card say about me and my business? Is that what I want it to say, or am I missing an opportunity to say something different?
Looking to give your business card a make-over? AGCarmel can help you with branding, logo design and printing. Give us a call at 317-844-6629 or send us an email.