Branding Vs. Logo Design
As your business grows, there are two very important areas that develop: branding and the creation of a logo. These two ideas will improve your business and audience reach. Branding is the act of creating a unique name and image for a product, company or service in the consumer’s mind. When you have good branding, it increases the awareness of your business. Your product or service is chosen over the competition because of its association with your brand. It can consist of messaging, content and the story surrounding the brand.
Types of Branding
When beginning the process of branding your business, there are certain types of branding that you should be aware of. They include:
- Digital branding – this is done using the web, social media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Personal branding – building a reputation around an individual in order to drive traffic towards that brand.
- Cause branding – associating your brand with a cause or charity.
- Country branding – aligning your brand with a specific country in order to attract tourists and businesses.
Designing and forming a brand is a process. It takes time to really see what direction you are headed as a business. Working to create a brand is something that will take effort and thought on your part. A brand typically is described as a company or product that has a personality of its own. To get started, here are some questions you should ask yourself about your company.
- What are some of our core values?
- What do we stand for?
- What makes our products and/or services unique?
- What is our selling point that sets us apart?
- Who are our target customers?
These questions can help you move closer to creating an effective brand that can enhance your business.
Logos are a little different than brands. They identify rather than explain. A logo:
- Identifies a business or product in its simplest form.
- Assists in the creation of an identity or brand of the company and is used to associate with specific ideas or brands.
- Doesn’t sell the company directly, but can create recognition for the company.
- Derives meaning from the quality of the idea it symbolizes.
When designing your logo, it is helpful to consider certain ideas and attributes to make your logo stand out among others. Remember that logos are the way people see your company. It needs to have some type of impact. Consider these as well:
- Start with a story – sell your product in a way that conveys emotion
- You must develop your brand before you can create a logo
- Look for words that people can associate with or describes your brand
- Strive to be distinct and distinguishable from the competition
Not sure where to start? Let our team of world-class graphic designers help you create a logo that matches your vision.
Ideas to Remember
Branding and logos are related-but-separate ideas. Branding creates a name for a product, company or service, while logos identify the company or product by the use of a mark, signature or symbol. Many businesses have been successful in creating iconic brands with logos that have propelled them to the top.
At AlphaGraphics in Idaho Falls, Idaho, we know about branding and we know what it takes to make a great logo. We can professionally design a logo for your business. This can get you started as you begin to build a brand. Remember, you want to make a good and lasting impression and keep your customers. Stop by AlphaGraphics in Idaho Falls, Idaho, to begin branding your business or give us a call at (208) 522-2679. We want your business to succeed, so come in today to see what we can do to help or fill out the form below to get started.