Have you been considering a new marketing campaign for your company? We have always found direct-mail to be a vital part of any marketing campaign. This article, written by Brian Morris from Digital Marketing Ramblings helps explain why:
As you finalize this year’s marketing plan, it’s easy to become enchanted by so many promises of success made by digital marketing promoters. Digital marketing can be effective, certainly, but it’s not the only solution. In fact, print marketing remains the most powerful way to promote your products and services.
The proliferation of digital media means the vast majority of bloggers, tech publishers and even entrepreneurial magazines have a heavy focus on digital marketing coverage. Just because something is newsworthy don’t make it right for your business; such overexposure for digital marketing is good for you, however, as your competitors will scramble to the online environment and drop print marketing – paving the way to earn even greater return on investment.
The best strategy is to incorporate a mix of digital and print marketing into your strategy, justified by the following 10 print marketing statistics you should know.
1. 79% of households say they read or scan direct-mail ads.
Your customer base isn’t just willing to read your print marketing materials; they’re highly likely to read them. How many online ads do you read every day?
2. 39% of customers say they try a business because of direct-mail advertising
If you’ve ever wondered where to find new customers, direct-mail marketing is the solution.
3. Direct-mail marketing yields, on average, a 13-to-1 return on investment ratio
Many small businesses are wary of print marketing due to the perceived high initial investment, but the average return speaks for itself.
4. 92% of young shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions
The number across all ages is 67 percent, second only to newspapers at 69 percent. More digitally inclined shoppers are actually trusting print marketing more, perhaps due to their familiarity with the online environment.
5. Direct mail brings in 78% of donations for nonprofits
As far as fundraisers go, direct mail can’t be beat! It’s also cheaper than staging an event.
6. For every $167 spent on direct mail, U.S. marketers sell $2,095 in goods
That makes for a 1,300% return on average. Do your Facebook and AdWords efforts pay off like that?
7. Since 2004, direct-mail marketing response rates have increased by 14%
During that same period, email response rates have plummeted by 57 percent.
8. 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing
If you want to build trust, the statistics suggest you should invest in print.
9. 44% of customers visit a brand’s website after receiving direct-mail marketing
If you knew you could get 4 in 10 people to visit your website with a simple postcard campaign, would you do it? That’s 10 percent more than people who visit a brand’s website after receiving an email.
10. 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference.
Even if your direct-mail marketing doesn’t yield an immediate response, customers will remember you when it’s time to buy.
At AlphaGraphics, we have a team of marketing experts to help get your business the attention it needs. Call or visit us today to learn more.