Focusing on your neighborhood is the perfect way to increase foot traffic, expand your customer base, and generate revenue for your company. According to BizReport (April 2010), the average consumer spends 85% of their disposable income within five miles of their home. One way you can reach these customers quickly and affordably is Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM), a program created by the U.S. Postal Service© (USPS).
EDDM enables businesses of all sizes to target customers in specific geographic areas by ZIP code or city, and even specific neighborhoods or carrier routes. Because it uses a simplified addressing format (for example, “Local Postal Customer”) there is no need to purchase or rent a list with names and addresses. EDDM mailings are distributed directly by USPS letter carriers as supplements along with that day’s mail to every door your business wants to reach — for as little as 17.5 cents postage per piece for EDDM-Retail.
Double Your Return with Every Door Direct Mail®
USPS® Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is an alternative way to think about marketing products and services. Instead of mailing to specific names and addresses, the USPS EDDM program delivers your mail pieces to individual neighborhoods by designated carrier routes. You pinpoint your audience and USPS delivers directly to every mailbox on the route. Whether your company is a B2B or B2C provider, EDDM programs can target your best prospects and customers.
Enhance EDDM campaigns by adding key ingredients. EDDM provides the broadest reach for the least money.
- Reach local markets, neighborhood by neighborhood without a mailing list
- EDDM mailers are oversized and hard to miss in the mailbox
- Low postage rates apply
- No lists, no permits, no fees
- 200 to 5000 pieces per day
- Mailers can run as series or target individual topics, products, or events
- Deliver multiple pieces over a period of time
- Measure results and keep statistics
Find customers that matter most. According to BizReport, the average consumer spends 85% of their disposable income within five miles of their home.
- Targets regions rather than individuals
- Demographics and income are less of a factor
- Cost-effective way to reach large audience
- Lower response rate than targeted campaigns
- Vertical Examples:
– Retail Services
– Real Estate
– Auto Industry
– Property Management
The AlphaGraphics Advantage
- We can print, schedule and deliver your materials to USPS
- We know EDDM and make it even easier for our clients
- Fast turn-around times
- We help clients with design and crafting compelling offers
- We can fulfill any quantity. We have USPS postal permits allowing customers to send larger batches over 5,000 pieces
- We can add integrated marketing tools like QR codes, mobile websites and tracking phone numbers
- We help clients track results
- We can help clients deploy targeted, follow up mailings to customers who responded to the EDDM mailing
What is Every Door Direct Mail?
Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is a new program by the USPS that allows retail businesses
to mail at 14.2 cents per postcard. Not only can you mail postcards, but you can also mail
catalogs, brochures, samples, or anything else. You can mail anything as long as it meets
“commercial flat” size requirements.
What size does a commercial flat need to be?
A “commercial flat” needs to be more than 6.125” tall OR longer than 11.5.“ It may also
be thicker than 1/4 of an inch. The largest size the mail piece can be is 12”x15”.
To whom can I mail?
With Every Door Direct Mail© you can mail to all homes and businesses in a mailing
route. Each zip code is comprised of many different routes. Each of these routes contains
approximately 300-600 homes and businesses.
Can I target the homes that I want to deliver to?
You can omit businesses from your mailing, however one of the core requirements of EDDM
is that you have to mail to all homes in the route. You can exclude certain addresses, such
as competitors, customers, or people you know that do not wish to receive your marketing
messages. You can exclude the addresses via the facing slip in the provided paperwork.
What if I want to exclude business addresses?
While eddm.usps.com will let you choose only residential routes, it is important to change
your endorsement to “Local Residential Customer” on your postcard. This way, the carrier
will know you want to omit businesses from your mailing.
What is the minimum or maximum we can mail?
If you are mailing through Every Door Direct Mail “Retail” you can mail as little as 200
pieces and as many as 5000 in one day. If you need to mail more, please contact us and we
will assist you.
To find out more about how EDDM can help your business:
- Check out our blog post Increase Leads and Sales Fast With EDDM
- Call us today at (415) 986-4091
- Use our request a quote form by clicking below: