Please enable JavaScript, then refresh this page. JavaScript is required on this site.

Printing Jargon De-mystified

Every industry has it’s jargon and printing has more than it’s fair share. Like –

Booger Glue – Think like a 9 year old child and you have the common meaning of this word, giggles and all. In the printing industry, booger glue, sometimes known as fugitive glue, has many uses. A little dab is used to keep a booklet closed during mailing and can also be used to attach dimensional products like credit cards to a brochure. Don’t be grossed out when a salesperson offers to send you samples. 

This and other baffling terms used by printers are demystified in this illuminating article from the Intellective Solutions website. Even if you’ve been working with a printer for a while there’s probably something surprising in the list.



Posted by admin462