Problem: A local restaurant and cocktail bar was having a pop-up Christmas theme bar for the month of December and they wanted to transform their awnings to represent the Xmass Gift theme they had going on inside.
The constraints that we had were
- The size of the awnings (each over 10 ft x almost over 5 ft),
- Their height above the surface (almost 14 feet up)
- Graphics needed to be temporary, and easily removed after a month
- The graphics needed to withstand the cold weather, wind, and elements.
- The graphics needed to NOT cause possible damage to existing awnings
Solution: After some thought and brainstorming we came up a solution to use heavy-duty vinyl banners, custom hemmed and custom sewn, with custom grommet placement to fully cover, and wrap the existing awnings. They needed to be oversized, but not by too much. To connect the sides, we planned on using a series of cords and rope to tighten and hold the vinyl banner material covers in place.
Job Summary: Alphagraphics worked to engineer, produce, print and install custom temporary awning covers that are lightweight, durable and easy to remove when the promotion is over.
Project: Large heavy duty vinyl banner material, custom cut into covers, specifically for the existing awnings.
Size: Approx 6ft x 12 ft / each
Printing/Finishing: Large format printer and custom hand cut/sewn
Material: Heavy duty vinyl banner block out black/custom sewing
PHASE 1: MEASURE SURFACE OF AWNINGS AND TAKE PICTURES OF EXISTING SPACE
PHASE 2: DESIGN LAYOUT
PHASE 3: INSTALL FINISHED CUSTOM AWNING COVERS SIGNS