By Mark Lee
Following the right posts on social media is just as important as posting the right content. Maybe you should think about hitting the “Like” or “Follow” button a lot more often.
When you “Like” a company, it’s a step toward building brand loyalty. The stats show that 53% of Americans who follow brands on social media are loyal to those brands. It’s also educational and informative and can help you build your own business.
It’s easy to monitor the leaders in your industry by following their activity on Twitter. Perhaps they use social media to promote themselves in a way that you hadn’t thought of doing. Imitate their more successful or innovative ideas.
Here are some other reasons to have an active social media presence:
• If you are seeking Offers. Discounts. Coupons. Operating your business is expensive enough, and we all look for ways to save money. Social media sites are often a great way to access discounts and coupons that can lower the cost of everything from office supplies to travel.
• Social media can help differentiate competitive companies in a given industry. It’s a great way to learn about a company, its products and services. See who’s current in trends and is leading the market. Information is power when you are making decisions about a vendor.
• Learn about the latest product offerings first on social media. Where did you first find out about the Apple Watch? How about that cool new Porsche model? More than likely, your first exposure came from social media.
• Learn Tips and Successes with Products. If you run a laundry, which cleaner was best at getting out that red wine stain. If your business is music, who are the hottest new groups likely to top the charts? Once again, your best source for early knowledge – social media.
• Find out Employment Opportunities. Are you looking for a job or trying to hire someone. The major sources of leads and information today can be found online in social media sites.
• Link to “See How To” videos. The web is the new classroom. Webinars are being produced daily to cover every topic from how to write a marketing brochure to putting together that perfect display for your trade show. Go to school with social media.
• YELP! What did they say? Use social media to see what others are saying about a company or service you are planning to use. You’ll discover the unvarnished truth. No punches pulled.
• Networking can be a valuable way to exchange ideas with like-minded people to improve the way you do business. Using online networking sites can also be valuable to your business, often for the purpose of knowledge sharing and word-of-mouth referrals.
If you’ve been hesitant about entering the informative, dynamic world of social media, I have one question: What are you waiting for? Start with one simple step. Follow AlphaGraphics on Twitter – @AGArlington_GP and on Facebook. Connect with me on Linked In. I will provide regular updates that will help you and your business. Starting small often leads to something big! Get started now!