The last time you searched for something online, you probably noticed some sponsored results. Those companies were running pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, a simple tool that most businesses can incorporate into their marketing plan.
Pay-per-click campaigns are exactly what they sound like: the amount you pay per sponsored search engine listing depends on the number of people who click on your ad. This is a balanced way to market yourself through Google because really, you’re paying for your success—the better you do, the more you pay and vice-versa. In this way, many marketers rely on PPC when it comes to testing certain campaigns and promotions.
The balanced simplicity of PPC makes it attractive, but there are three other big benefits to using these ads.
PPC is Fast and Efficient
- PPC is a great entryway into the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) marketplace. It takes mere minutes to set up an account in Google AdWords. From there, you can immediately start running ads to your target audience. You have complete control over the budget and can start and stop ads as needed.
- Because you can deploy PPC so quickly, it’s perfect for rapid response advertising. You can react immediately to competitor campaigns or current events that impact your business. For companies running flash sales or who consider themselves agile in their marketing, this quickness is a major asset.
PPC Targets the Right Audience
- While SEO is key to long-term success, sometimes it’s helpful to know you’ll reach the right people right away. That’s where setting up effective PPC audience filters can make a difference.
- When you run a PPC campaign, you choose exactly where and when your ads will appear. You can tweak ads based on location, keywords, and even the time of day! No other SEM tool gives you that level of flexibility.
- We find that PPC ads are particularly effective for local businesses. When customers in your area use a search engine to seek out a service, your targeted ad can be waiting for them, instead of buried underneath search results that might not be as relevant.
PPC Gives You an Opportunity for Testing
Because you can be confident your target audience is seeing your ad, PPC is a great tool for testing keywords and ad copy. Take what you learn through your PPC data and apply it across other advertising mediums. And, as mentioned above, the pay-as-you-go nature of the campaign means you’re really only investing in your successes, which can be a huge budget savior as opposed to other “all-in” testing options.
Leverage PPC to Your Advantage!
PPC can add a lot of value, but like all marketing strategies, it’s only worth pursuing if it actually works for your business. Luckily, PPC allows you to measure valuable metrics, including your costs, views, and clicks.
Before launching your PPC campaign, decide on your benchmark ROI. If you find yourself missing your goal, simply make changes to the campaign. This is where PPC’s efficiency benefit shines – you have the ability to immediately adjust target keywords, ad copy, and even the landing page.
With PPC, you have complete control. If you’re not leveraging PPC to help grow your business, it might be time to start. Use the rich data and reporting to take your entire SEM program to the next level by working with your local AlphaGraphics team!